Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission (or any of its parts) has not been previously published, nor is it under consideration for publication by any other journal.
- The submission is in PDF format. Files in other formats (LaTeX, .md, .odt, .docx, or .rtf) can be submitted upon acceptance for publication.
- By submitting your manuscript, you agree to copy-edit the manuscript according to the requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, in case it is accepted for publication.
- By submitting a manuscript, you agree to have the document scanned for plagiarism.
- The submitted manuscript has been anonymized* to enable double-blind review and does not contain any explicit clues indicating the identity of the authors. *Please also check the "properties" of your file.
- Please indicate in the "Comments for the Editor" box whether you are submitting your manuscript as a contribution to a Special Issue or as a stand-alone article.
- PhiMiSci uses double-blind peer review. You are aware that double-blind review cannot be guaranteed if the manuscript has been uploaded on a preprint server. If this is the case, please leave a note in the "Comments for the Editor" box.
- We encourage authors to suggest (or exclude) 5-10 potential reviewers (with full names and email addresses). When the editors decide to send your manuscript out for review, at most one referee suggested by you will be assigned (i.e., your manuscript will be reviewed by at least one person not on your list).
PhiMiSci is an open access journal. All authors retain the copyright of their papers and full publishing rights without restrictions. You agree to have your manuscript published under a CC-BY license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/), which permits use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided appropriate credit is given to the original author(s), the source and a link to the Creative Commons license are provided, and it is indicated if changes have been made. If you wish to have your manuscript published under a CC-BY-ND or a CC-BY-NC license, please indicate this in the "Comments for the Editor" box.
PhiMiSci does not publish under anything but a Creative Commons license.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.